MAXRaft - Standard NZS 3604 or TC1 Good Ground
Our standard MAXRaft® 250mm is suitable for good ground (>100kPa) found in many areas of New Zealand.
It is based around the following 3 components, each of which is constructed with EPS:
1. Perimeter Footings: Designed to both create a thermal break and bear the weight of your perimeter walls, these footings reduce heat loss from your floor at the point where up to 80% of such loss occurs;
2. Load Bearing Thickenings: Our load bearing thickenings can support load bearing walls within your home while maintaining a complete thermal envelope around your foundation;
3. MAXRaft® Infill: Our infill is a cost effective method of ensuring that your home is properly insulated and a thermal break is maintained throughout. One trailer of MAXRaft® to a standard size house (approx 180m2) is equivalent to 24m3 of concrete.
Each of these components combine to give you a foundation with an R value of ~R4.5 depending on the nature of the site. Click here to try our H1 calculator to see what R-value your home could obtain (opens in MS Excel).
Delivered to site in pre-cut segments along with a site-specific panel plan, our MAXRaft® insulation system can be put down in approximately 3 hours by a team of two people. It is then ready to receive the reinforcing later the same day and concrete when ready.
- Increased thermal efficiency
- Less time required on site
- Site-specific engineering
- Reliable, proven construction details
- Achieves an R Value of approximately R4.5 according to floor type.
Engineering (PS1) for consent can be arranged through MAXRaft®, we work with a group of engineers who are experienced in designing MAXRaft® foundations and can pre-empt council queries.
As each MAXRaft® insulated foundation is engineered on a site-specific basis, we are unable to provide detailed designs for a particular build, however we have prepared the documents below to give you an idea of what you can expect from MAXRaft® based on some of the typical designs and materials we see.
If you are interested in our system please contact our team on 0800 MAXRAFT (629 723) or firstname.lastname@example.org.